Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Drive by of the Day - September 6, 2006

Over at Two is plenty, thanks, Rach shares the joy of her first drive by. I really identified with her desire to explain--even after the other person had already made an initial shot. Is it a desire to be polite (even in the face of rudeness)? A hope that the other person will understand if they know more about the situation? (Of course, it is usually HOURS after such a comment before I remember that "none of your business" is possible response!)

Here's an excerpt from My first drive by
She asked me if I was still breastfeeding and when I told her that I weaned Chava around 8 months, she launched in to a diatribe about how jobs come and go but the benefits of breastfeeding last forever and I should really go back to breastfeeding. She even asked me why I stopped - I should have told her it was none of her business but instead I stupidly started to explain what a challenge it was to pump, which she immediately poo poo'd. I just sort of nodded and packed up my stuff and left, feeling like crap.

Why do people do that?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home