Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Drive by of the Day - September 5, 2006

Today's drive by was submitted by Epiphany Alone, and when I read it, I could immediately remember the feeling of being in her situation. The stranger who must think they are helping you by providing completely useless advice. And her drive by experience has that little extra punch supplied by someone who complains about you to someone else with the express purpose of hoping you will hear the comment and realize your shortcomings. All lovely, and just what the mother of a new baby needs.

Here's a brief excerpt from her post Mommy drive by
I sat with Lindsay in the front seat of the car for a while until she finally calmed down. "Don't listen to those people," I whispered. "There's nothing wrong with you. I love you just the way you are...and more than you'll ever know."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home